The Skunk and Tiger

"Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul that are unoccupied by the verities of knowledge."-Horace Mann

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sunday Reading #2

I know I must come across as a hateful snob sometimes, but what are blogs for if not to vent opinions about the world around you? I like spouting off on politics, religion, and other sources of anger while trying to sound smart and sophisticated, but in doing so I may appear jaded or indifferent. If I have offended anyone I am sorry. I have more friends than I deserve, and they all have different beliefs and ideals, I realize that, and I would not try to change anyone nor do I expect people to agree with me. It is very cathartic for me to journal everything I am experiencing and reading. I try to express my strongest beliefs by blog, as to not annoy people outside of the internet. My life keeps getting better but I realize there are things bigger than that. All I want to do is share what I think is true and I hope my friends and family will keep reading, even if I am wrong.

Here are some good reads.

For a Trusty Voting Bloc, a Faith Shaken!
Laurie Goodstein at New York Times


McCain and the Monks of Myanmar...
Arianna Huffington atHuffington Post

The Right's Continuing Mischaracterization of Limbaugh's "phony soldiers"
Posted at: Media Matters

The Declining Reputation of Christianity
By Carlos at Talk To Action

Blackwater: Does USA's Most Powerful Private Militia Fuel Iraq's Insurgency?
by Anthony Barnes atOpEdNews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home