The Skunk and Tiger

"Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul that are unoccupied by the verities of knowledge."-Horace Mann

Monday, April 09, 2007

Neon Bible

My good friend Jeremy was wondering what I thought of Arcade Fire's latest album, Neon Bible. Currently I have not been able to put it down. While I have an idea, I am not sure exactly what the song Intervention is about but the energy and emotion strikes something very raw and personal. It is a darker collection than Funeral. The anger and foreboding that somehow becomes hopeful by the end. I love that it was recorded in a church in Quebec. Arcade Fire is quickly becoming my newest favorite band. I would love to see them live, so if you find Neon Bible to be as incredible as I do we should try to see them sometime. I have not been to any live show since 2004, so I am dying to see anything, but Arcade Fire would be a guaranteed worth your money. While I love every song on here are my top five favorites:

1. (Antichrist Television Blues)
2. Intervention
3. The Well and the Lighthouse
4. No Cars Go
5. Black Mirror

Let me know what you think Jeremy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home