The Skunk and Tiger

"Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul that are unoccupied by the verities of knowledge."-Horace Mann

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day and Random Thoughts.

Hope every one is having a fun and safe holiday. Not doing much other than reading and listening to music. Planning on attending a war protest tomorrow. There have already been several this weekend. Right now I am still bored with blogging. I think I might get out the camera and take some more photos and get back to cutting articles from other sites. I just want to use this blog as a scrapbook of news articles and photos. I am read ing several books right now.

A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin: This is a Fantasy Novel my friend Brandon recommended. It was slow at first, but the action and plot has finally started to move along. Martin's descriptions of cultures, histories and landscapes make up for any of the slow parts. I just wish Martin would number his chapters, it is easy to lose your place. HBO has apparently purchased the rights of the entire series, there are at leased four books right now, and there is talk of an ongoing television series.

1 Comments:

At March 19, 2007, Blogger tkn said...

hey, I just read your comment that you wrote on my blog and want to say thanks... for reading, writing and complimenting my words. You probably don't remember, I haven't logged in to blogger in a few months.

I went to an anti-war march on Saturday and had a powerful feeling of change a-comin'.

We need to organize. I don't mean you and I necessarily, but people like us. We need to pull off the Big Idea. (ie general strike)

Thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home