The Skunk and Tiger

"Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul that are unoccupied by the verities of knowledge."-Horace Mann

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Heat and a Rant about Mel.

It has been unbelievably hot here as it has across the country. I can not remember Michigan being this hot for such a long time. Since friday it has been scorching. The air conditioner is busted in my car. I have other more important repairs and the summer is almost over so why bother.
The is a thunderstorm to the north-west of us and we have been watching it from our back window. It is too far off to hear it but the clouds are huge and illuminating with fierce lightning. Far-Out!
Is it any surprise that Mel Gibson is an anti-Semitic? His father has established himself as a extreme holocaust denying nut, it is too bad his son could not overcome that. I have never been able to muster any enthusiasm or excitement for any of his movies. Brave-heart was too long and, as usual, Mel was over dramatic. Watching him act is like watching some highschool drama nerd try to impress his peers. It saw about twenty minuets of The Passion of Jesus Christ. It was a bunch of sadomasochistic crap. The blood and gore was so exaggerated it was cartoonish. I have seen Quentin Tarantino use more restraint. The part of the film I watched, and what I gather from others who stomached the entire film, Gibson focuses more on the Gory than the Glory. One of these days I'll have to try to watch the whole film and give a more complete rant.
Stay Cool.

1 Comments:

At August 16, 2006, Blogger Destiny said...

I wonder what those who deny the holocaust have to say about all the bodies that were found after liberation? What where the oven's used for? Do they think they had a massive pretzel making factory to go along with German beer? I is sick to think that people dont see what happened as truth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home