The Skunk and Tiger

"Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul that are unoccupied by the verities of knowledge."-Horace Mann

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Trip To Ikea

Sam has learned how to get out of his crib, he walked into our bedroom Saturday morning very proud of himself. Today we all drove 70 miles to Canton to the new Ikea store and picked out a new bed and bedroom accessories for Sam. Ikea is one of those places where you feel you need and deserve everything they are selling and it will all look so unique in your home unlike the homes of the million other people shopping with you. Anyhow we are hooked and Sam loves his new room. Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement for Ikea.
Speaking of advertisements it has been strange watching ads during the news coverage of this Crisis in the Middle East. One second I am hearing about Hezbollah firing rockets, then Israel is blowing up Airports, then we cut to people fleeing their homes or hiding in their bomb shelters, then we are asked "Do You Know Your Sleep Comfort Number?"/ My God! I have gotten so caught up in this unending escalation of Violence, I forgot my Sleep Comfort Number!. How will I ever sleep tonight?
Since the whole world is "going to the Mattresses" as they say in The Godfather. I guess it perfect product placement.

1 Comments:

At July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I'm jealous of your trip to Ikea.

After reading this post, I'm grateful that I listen to my news on NPR because a) I like my news sans pictures (delicate sensibilities, you know) and b)those adverts would grate my last nerve.

I finally posted on your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home