The Skunk and Tiger

"Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul that are unoccupied by the verities of knowledge."-Horace Mann

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

X3

I am now blogging from our new home, we moved over the holiday weekend. I still can not believe we are finally here. So, much work to do but I will try not to neglect my Blog.
My friend Jay at Freddy Fan posted his review of X3. We did get a chance to see it. I feel it fell short of its too predecessors, but is still worth your ten dollars. It does not exactly follow any specific story line in the comic book, then again their are now some many alternative versions and retellings of the Phoenix Saga, that it was fun too see something different. I would have liked to have seen that classic Phoenix energy signature, but the other special effects made up for that. I think Magneto's floating Golden Gate Bridge will become a classic sequence in cinema.
The plot was much more convoluted then the last two movies, and I fear it may have been more confusing for non-comic geeks like myself and Jay.
Still, I hope the X film franchise continues. I would be willing to trade action for more character development and mystery in X4.
As a third installment of a trilogy it is not disappointing, like many others-Godfather, Matrix etc. I give X3 a solid B. The first X-men flick I give a B+ and X2 an A-.

1 Comments:

At June 03, 2006, Blogger Destiny said...

Best of luck to you on your new home. May Home ownership bring you all the blessings and happiness you and your family deserve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home