The Skunk and Tiger

"Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul that are unoccupied by the verities of knowledge."-Horace Mann

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Era.

What an emotional and inspiring day. I always thought at the end of the Bush presidency I would want to post a litany of all the disastrous policies and downright criminal behavior of his administration. However my new found optimism and anticipation has nulled the anger and frustration that I have experienced and processed over the past eight years.

I also have so much going on in my personal life that I do not think I will be able to blog so much about politics. Like many of you my family is also facing some major challenges, many of which have not been clearly identified. Adele is over a year old now, almost 13 months, and while she has made some progress with her therapy, some of our online research has opened our eyes to some frightening possibilities.

I realize attempting to diagnose her is not the best for own mental health. Ultimately the neurologist will have to give us an answer and with that appointment still weeks away all we can do is speculate and educate ourselves.

We are very lucky to have such loving family and friends to rely on. No matter what Adele is a blessing we are prepared to face an unpredictable future with her and for her. Like her brother she is full of smiles and makes us laugh every day, and that is all we need.

I hope I am being melodramatic.

Peace and Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home