The Skunk and Tiger

"Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul that are unoccupied by the verities of knowledge."-Horace Mann

Saturday, November 01, 2008

What The Bleep Do I know?

Last week we visited my family in the Douglas-Saugatuck area. My Aunt renovated an old schoolhouse into her art studio, thats why Sam is photographed outside. As you can see he is growing so fast we are running out of pants that fit him. Sorry no Adele pics. She is doing good and helped me pass out candy yesterday.
How did November get here so quick. Strange how October is so beautiful only to be followed by the ugliest month of the year. November is such a cold, wet and muddy month with all of winter awaiting.
I keep getting into these long political conversations with conservatives. Some of these folks are so afraid that if Obama wins they will lose their white privilege and/or be impoverished by taxes. These debates have just turned into a mental exercise for me. There is no changing anyones mind. I saw this documentary once What The Bleep Do We Know? Basically our brains atrophy to one way of thinking to the point that it is painful to have another perspective. While my mind is rarely changed these days, I do try to learn as much as I can about other peoples views and beliefs.
There is less than three days before the election. My anxiety is to the point that I am dreaming about voting booths.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home