The Skunk and Tiger

"Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul that are unoccupied by the verities of knowledge."-Horace Mann

Friday, April 18, 2008

EarthQuake




Anne and I recalled hearing a loud truck drive by the house early this morning, only latter during the day did we find out it was a 5.4 magnitude earthquake from Illinois. The only quake I ever experienced in my life and I hardly woke up.


John McCain is suggesting a national suspension of gas tax to reduce the burden of high gas prices. There is no problem these republican schmucks can not solve with a tax cut. Deficit: Tax cut! War: Tax cut! Poverty: Tax cut! Only it is never my taxes, its always for the wealthiest 1%, the people who do not invest in my community. At the same time the services that help my community end up on the chopping block. A gas tax cut in michigan would actually force many street utility workers into the unemployment line and then we can have even more pot holes. I know, I know, no one cares just give me my Tax Cut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home