The Skunk and Tiger

"Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul that are unoccupied by the verities of knowledge."-Horace Mann

Friday, January 18, 2008

Cloverfield

Saw Cloverfield tonight with my brother in law. He hated it of course. I did not find it as bad as my friend Jerry posted, although my expectations had been lowered by some negative reviews. Yes the characters are all one dimensional, and you don't ever care for any of them. There is way too much exposition in the beginning. The giant monster is awesome and not comparable to Godzilla except in size and path of destruction. The face looks like Ultron with a body of sort a sea spider if that makes sense. The smaller monsters were just as eerie, but all scares are the "gotcha" kind and you can see them coming. I was also disappointed that most of the special effects had already been reviled in the short trailers. I still had fun and hope the DVD gets a Rifftrax soon. The jerky camera cave me a headache but the monster made my white and nerdy heart pound so I would grade this move a B-.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home