The Skunk and Tiger

"Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul that are unoccupied by the verities of knowledge."-Horace Mann

Saturday, February 11, 2006






Michael W. Smith interveiw on Larry King.

Those who know me, know I love to rant about the mundane and useless. So now I have decided to start cataloging them on my blog.

I hate to call Larry King (in general) irrelevant, I have nothing against him, except that he is not good at his job. I don't know if he just stopped caring, or if he just wants to get home to enjoy that inter-generational marriage of his. Larry asks questions and never listens to the answers. You can tell he is so uninterested in many of his guests because he rarely asks any follow up questions. And when he is talking to anyone of importance (like, say, a vice-president who is the real president) it is totally pointless because his questions so soft they are practically served on a cone.

But I can't help watching his show to see what interview he will butcher next.

Anyway, Michael W. Smith was on last night promoting his new irrelevant movie with new irrelevant music. If you don't know who Smith is he is the christian pop artist who also writes an occasional love song for George W Bush. I think he may be related to the President by initial. I can always identify Smith by that weird smirk on his mug, like he just farted and he doesn't think you know. (If you are unfamiliar with his songs they are the ones that sound like someone's whining through their nostrils while hammering on a piano with a cat.)

The interview reached its peak of pointlessness when Larry showed Michael a copy of this month's Rolling Stone with Kanye West dressed as Jesus. King asked for Smith's opinion, and Micheal stated, "It definitely crosses the line".

Really?

How does it cross a line? I don't know because Larry never asks anyone to explain themselves. Is Smith offended by a black Jesus? Is it wrong for Rap artists to dress as Jesus? Why? Was the Jesus on Rolling Stone not bloody enough for his taste? I know Smith is a fan of the Passion. Smith was praising the overrated Jim Caviezel's portrayal of Jesus just prior to his comments on West's photo. Perhaps Smith is just offended by any type of symbolism or hubris.

I see that cover and think:

Wow! Rolling Stone is so hard up for attention they are willing to dress Kanye up like Jesus and then bask in all the free advertising they get from FauxNews and continously enraged Christians.

Thanks for taking the bait, Cable News Network, Larry King, and most of all, Michael W. Smith and his audience.

3 Comments:

At February 11, 2006, Blogger Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (hello) from a krazy blogger down under in New Zealand. I was surfing the blog world when your blog popped up, so I thought I would say hello. You have a great blog. I started a "music" blog, so I was wondering if I can mention your blog on one of my blogs. Either the music blog or 21 21 21 ???

 
At February 11, 2006, Blogger yelling_at_the_radio said...

Absolutly! It would be an honor. I'd like to reciprocate. Thanks For Stopping By. p

 
At February 13, 2006, Blogger Cheerful Robot said...

Congratulations. You’re blog is becoming a worldwide phenomenon. Next thing you know I will hear it being quoted on CNN.

. . .You better change the name to “Recliner of Rage” why you still can.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home