The Skunk and Tiger

"Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul that are unoccupied by the verities of knowledge."-Horace Mann

Monday, October 03, 2005

Hello. Now that I have a blog I would like to say a few things. What the hell is wrong with Bill Bennet? Now I'm asking "where is the outrage?" (remember he was spouting the same diatribe during the Clinton sex scandle) I am really sorry to be starting my Blog about a morning talk show host five people in South Carolina listen to. However, his coments are probably the most racist and backward ideas I've ever heard . They are so vile I won't post them here, but you can read the transcript at www.mediamatters.org. However I would like to post the angry email I sent him. I should mention he has yet to apologize or take any responsibility for his statement. He has gone on other talk shows and actualy defended his comments. On Hannity he stated "My wife has done more for poor blacks than the entire black caucus." This guy was Secretary of Education while I was in school. But I made it out ok, thankfully. Here is my email.


Your Racist statement on Sept. 28, where you entertain the idea that aborting black babies would lower the crime rate, exposes an ignorance and hatred that is often associated with conservative radio. You, Sir, are a perfect example of the false virtue of the "pro-family-values" movement. Truthfully, I stopped listening to your program months ago, I had found it boring, after reading today's transcript, I fear those who find you the least bit interesting.

2 Comments:

At October 04, 2005, Blogger edX said...

Welcome to Thoughtsphere. A place where much of our pre-existing notions are validated by the sheer numerosity of social support.

Of course, that does not mean it is right. Let's not forget to keep dancing even when the music to which everyone reacts to, stops.




http://the-heretic.blogspot.com

 
At October 04, 2005, Blogger Cheerful Robot said...

Hey, I didn’t realize you had made a blog. When I saw the title “The Skunk and Tiger,” it made me think of the intro “Skunk” on the Jon Spencer Blue’s Explosion album “Now I Got Worry,” which is nothing more than Spencer screaming over and over again. I guess I made an apt connection between that and your “screaming at the radio” persona. Maybe you could co-opt Spencer’s Skunk intro (the way Rush Limbaugh co-opted that CCR song for his radio show), and make it your blog’s theme song. Just a thought.

By the way, nice e-mail!

QUOTE: “This guy was Secretary of Education while I was in school. But I made it out ok, thankfully.”

I don’t know what Jonnasie (sp?) would have said about this comment pre “Summer of Nick.” -- Just kidding!

You might want to set up your comment filter or you will get automated spam comments like the previous one. To do so, log into your blog’s “dashboard,” click on your blog’s name, click on the settings tab, click on the comments tab, and where it says “Show word verification for comments” click yes.

Make some more posts. . .keep on rock’n on the free blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home